Saturday, June 28, 2008
Collection of vintage pop bottle caps from HummingbirdEyes
Robert Kennedy Bottle from historicallyvintage
Green Anchor Hocking mug from EasyOnTheEyes
50s green catseye glasses from Chigal
Bobbie Brooks polka dot top and pants set from Eclecticas
Fantastic Aqua 50s earrings from ForeverClassique
BIZZARE Playtex Sea Urchin bathing cap from retrorenegadevintage
Striking green feather flower pin from simplesal
Long 70s cape from ObladiObladaVintage
Of course you should also check out Empressjade at etsy
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
June 25th, 2008
I've been tagged by Figure 8 Studio's Blog: Diary of a Mad Vintage Addict
Its Blog Tag Wednesday at the eVintage Society!.
Handbags! The vintage purse, vintage accessories. The right bag can pull an outfit together or add the perfect subtle touch of vintage to a modern ensemble. A bright and unusual vintage scarf added to the hair garners admiring glances and stares everywhere you go! Let’s accessorize!
Let’s see what you’ve got!
1) Show us your favorite vintage handbag or accessory in your inventory!
Add the finishing touch to your strapless gown with these extra long vintage opera gloves. Made from the softest kid leather they will fit like a second skin. New old stock and never worn! Available in our Etsy store.
2) Louis Vuitton, Chanel or outrageously styled no-name handbag? Do you sweat the designer angle or go for looks alone?
Occaisionally I will come across an authentic vintage designer handbag, but generally I am more concerned with style rather than labels. I do love the lucite box bags that came out of Miami in the 50s.
3) Handbag? Purse? What do YOU call a bag, and how do you search for one on eBay?
I use the terms interchangeably and search for both handbags and purses on Ebay.
4) How many handbags do you have? More vintage or modern?
Actually I don't own a lot of bags because I tend to sell any really good ones that I come across. I have 3 vintage evening bags and reserve their use for special occaisions. For day to day I use a extra large heavy silk bag with beaded fringe. It's rather bohemian but sturdy enough to carry lots of items and goes equally well with jeans or dresses.
5) We talked about handbags and scarves, what other vintage accessories can add a touch of the unique to a modern ensemble?
I recently found this lovely Hermes scarf and I'm on the fence about whether to keep it for myself or sell it. I like to use these big square scarves as halter tops, rather than wear them on my head.
6) What’s in your handbag right now?
- Cell phone
- Black lace triangular scarf
- An old embroidered handkerchief that was my Granny's
- My favorite Omega watch that needs a new battery
- Chanel #5 cologne
- Lots of keys
- A bulging wallet filled with receipts and customs forms (no money, only plastic).
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
2) What is your favorite animal print to wear & why?
I love leopard, but any big cat print is fun to wear. Usually in brown and black, they are easy to mix with black or even red accessories.
3) Favorite to sell?
Leopard is easy to sell and never stays in stock for long, but I especially love the glam 50s and 60s leopard lingerie.
4) Favorite pet and best pet story?
I grew up with lots of dogs and cats, hamsters and a bunny in our house.
5) Scared of animals? Which one scares you the most & why?
I love dogs, but I hate it when people let there dogs jump all over you. I'm scared of strange dogs that aren't under control, because I can't trust the dog or their owner.
6) Favorite animal to visit at the zoo?
I hate zoos! I never felt comfortable seeing any animal behind bars, no matter how nice the artificial environment.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
1) Show us your favorite 70s piece in your inventory, mens, womens, dress, lingerie…..whatever you LOVE!
I love this 70s Marabou Evening dress. Open keyhole back, plunging neckline with feather trimmed armholes that take it out of the ordinary. Elegant and kitsch at the same time!
2) Define disco wear as YOU see it.
EXCESS! Glitz and Glam and sexy. Think gold lame hot pants or metallic spandex and a sequinned tube top with lush feathered hair!
3) What was your favorite look of the 70s? The maxi dress? Bell bottoms? Culottes? Do tell.
I actually wear a lot of halter maxi dresses in summer. I love the look of a mini skirt, but it's hard to wear on a daily basis when you have an active lifestyle.
4) Your neighbors invite you to a wild party where there may be disco music. Do you go?
Wouldn't miss it. KC and the Sunshine band, Abba, Donna Summer... let loose and dance the night away!
5) Grant Show. Sexy then? Sexy now? No idea?
6) Romantic Gunne Sax Prairie/Renn Queen or Disco Diva? Whats your style?